Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Years Eve




Where I come from in Devon we would normally call today Old Years Night rather than New Years Eve, and actually I quite like that as it seems to me to be more about summing up the year that is leaving rather than racing towards the new year and forgetting the outgoer.

Tonight we are home with just the three of us. Eldest son is at a party of course. We usually go to a party but with my cold I dont feel like leaving the house. And if I am honest I like the parties less each year. So we had a nice dinner together and now we must try to stay awake for another 4 hours!

Tomorrow is a new day, a new year, clean slate, new plans, new diary even. A time of infinite possibilities. For us we plan to concentrate on paying off our debt/mortgage. We hope we can keep the swim school breaking even or at least not losing too much, through the hard times to come, ready to work for us agan when the economy recovers a bit. If we can find cheap flights then we visit the Crete house in the summer but otherwise our plans are fluid.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and I hope this is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was brought up in London and always knew it as Old Year's Night. I prefer that too :)

    Happy New Year, Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lizzie
    Happy New Year from Down Under:) Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you all!
    Off to my paarent now, no excuse to forget DAds birthday when it is on 01/01!

    ReplyDelete
  6. new year lizzie. warm wishes for your new year undertakings and best health!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...