Saturday 27 December 2008

Not quite Christmas Yet



Jackie, my niece, by the skating rink.

Okay, I got a little bit behind in my blogging. I will get to Christmas but before that a couple of photos of our trip to Ostend. I hired a coach and filled it up with friends, family and colleagues and we took off to Ostend for the day. Unfortunately we choose the day that Dover police decided that the port was too busy and 'stacked' most of the incoming lorries on to the motorway. This gave us 1 hour less in Ostend than we should have had and also meant we didn't get home until 1.30am!



My youngest son queuing for toffee grapes.



The toffee grape stall



Toffee grape close up. I took so many photos in and around the 'toffee grape' stall that the stall holder was beginning to think I was a stalker I think.

Anyway we found that we had a lovely time and we would like to do something similar from time to time. I would recommend this to anyone who is sticking to a budget, for whatever reason. We took a picnic of bacon sandwiches and water for breakfast, but other went one better and brought flasks of coffee. We choose to eat out but it would have been easy to bring along lunch as you can leave your bags on the coach and don't need to carry heavy stuff around with you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. I have never heard of toffe grapes. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an enjoyable trip. I do love looking at other people's blog photos :)

    Tofee grapes are new to me too but they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of toffee grapes either but I can just imagine how awesome they'd taste!

    I guess this means I'll have to put Ostend on the travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fantastic. Never had them anywhere but Ostend but definitely worth travelling there just for them. We were going to make them at home but we dont wont to break the spell!
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...