Sunday 25 January 2009

Sunday Funday

I did get up this morning,honest. I made breakfast and coffee at 7.45 which we had in bed. Then my husband went off to work and some how I am still here in my bed!

I have read through a lot of very interesting blog posts. I have found a lovely recipe for pastitcio and discovered that the best way to preserve peppers is frozen in glass jars! Who knew!. I have been introduced to a fascinating life in Amish country. So much accomplished already and its not even 9.30 yet!

But seriously I do feel really well and full of energy. I have suffered with neck pains and migraines for 11 years now, since a car accident. I have taken pain killers by the cart load for most of that time and amitrytiline on a daily basis for a the last few years. A few weeks back you might remember my mum sent me to a chiropractor, for the very sensible reason that one of the ladies at the swimming pool suggested it might help,if I didn't mind a bit of short term pain (agony).

Well I am inclined to think that things happen for a reason. The chiro has worked on my neck and got everything moving again (there are still bone spurs but that's not reversible). This is tempting fate but I can say I have had only one headache is the last 2.5 weeks and am completely off all of the medication. I have so much more energy. She also did some work on my lower back having spotted that one of my hips pointed to the side. I don't have a 'funny walk (who knew) anymore and more importantly I can actually walk again within trapping the nerve that gives me the numbness I normally experience.

Lastly the chiro also spotted something on my xray that might not be so good. Obviously I am not madly happy about having this (consultation is on Tuesday so we find it is a problem then)but if I have it then of course I prefer to know it and have the necessary treatment.

Without all of those drugs and all of those pains I can truly say I feel fantastic, even with the other problem hanging over me. I have so much energy( so why am I still in bed?? that doesn't count, I am reading) It is no exaggeration to say that visiting the chiropractor has changed my life. Thank you Mum! Its true that mothers know best, especially mine.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lizzie
    Its great to hear you have some good news as far as the headaches go. The last problem will get sorted all in good time
    You can stay in bed as long as you like - 'cept you'll never know what you're missing out on Lol
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I did get up and at things though, honest!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzie,
    Glad you enjoyed your lie-in.
    Hope all goes well at the consultation.
    Coming off amytriptiline is really good. It made me feel as if I was living in a fog all the time. I couldn't believe the difference when I came off it.

    Kim
    Hereford uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...