Saturday 7 March 2009

What's on today


I am going to practice what I preach today and ensure that my 'to do' list has some 'fun' in it. The day is starting well. I didn't have to get up early and make breakfast because my husband is away for another week yet. I don't have to make him breakfast but he teaches until mid afternoon without a break so I think it is better if he has had a nice meal before he goes.

So, I am still in my bed & reading blogs and news. My youngest son has made me a bacon sandwich for breakfast, before he goes off to the town with mates from college. My eldest son has already gone of to work, he is working everyday at t he moment as they have a rush order for a boat. That means today its just me and the cat. I don't know what her plans are but I have a few things that I need to get done.

Laundry - wash, dried and put away.
Vacuuming right through.
Ring my husband and make sure everything is going okay.
A quick tidy (there were teen aged boys sleeping in the sitting room last night so this is bound to be necessary).
Quick swish around the bathroom.
Maybe pop to the new IKEA store in town for meatballs for lunch. Last time we visited they gave us our lunch for free but I suspect that might not happen every time.
Wipe down kitchen.
Unstack and re stack dishwasher.
Empty all the bins etc
Clear out the bottom of my wardrobe. It is a sea of shoes and bags. I can do better.
Drop cheques into the bank.
Visit Mum & Dad this evening. Pretty sure my sister and her husband will be there too.
Plant some ginger and some basil.

I think I have the balance right for the day. I just have another 30 minute snooze with the cat and then get started.

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie, How are you growing your ginger? I would love to have a go but don't know where to start.

    Kim
    Hereford uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim
    Just a peice of fresh ginger from Waitrose planted in compost and kept in the sun. I had a little luck previously. It needs to be a knobbly bit because the stalks will grow from there. I didnt actually get that far though as I took my friends son to A&E with a broken foot and it took my whole day!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...