Tuesday 23 November 2010

Tempting Fate

Two Christmases ago I said that we were going to start Salsa classes in January. What followed was the worst year ever. Back pain from a nerve trapped in my hipped stopped me (as did the growth in my brain thing.)and that was by very far, not the worst thing that happened to us & around us that year. My poor husband went to so many family funerals that by the time his best friend died in December that year, aged 35, we were almost expecting it.

This year has been great. Back still hurts but everything else has been a million times better.

Next year will be even better. I want to say we are thinking of starting Salsa lessons in January without the four horsemen of the Apocalypse feeling they have to come over for coffee. Next year I can stop sitting on my hands to avoid tempting fate. Maybe I can bring my own adventure into my life without worrying that something bad is going to happen.

I can't imagine that fate can tell the time or respects the Gregorian calendar so how come luck changes by the year. I don't know, I am just glad 2009 is never coming around again.

3 comments:

  1. It does seem that bad things multiply. Hopefully good things multiply too. May the new year bring a multiplicity of good things. Salsa dancing sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lizzie
    Well I finally made it - reading blogs in a reader means I'm always tardy in replying to comments - I often forget to click through and say thanks.
    I've loved your last few posts where you have been thinking out loud - I could almost imagine you wandering round the house talking about your post to an imaginary audience
    I must say your life is going to be great in 2011 - you say this year was better than the one before whch was the real testing one - I think you should put all that behind you and concentrate on what you want to do rather than what you think you should do. Lots of time what we think we should do isn't the right thing anyway lol
    Enjoy next year - dance and live life to the full

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daizy
    Its just like the money goes to money thing, Bad seems to go to bad but at least good good to good.
    Hi Cathy
    I am having awful trouble commenting, it just crashes out every time. 2011 is going to be amazing! I have decided!!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...