Sunday 16 October 2011

MFM (mortgage Free Mission) Day 1

I am following in the footsteps of Daizy (who is temporarily ahead of the game) and Laura (who is about where I am but much more disciplined).

Actions towards being MF

Last night Jamal texted and asked me to pick him up a currey/rice ready meal on my way to his nan's house. I explained the situ and he settled for cheese on toast whiched looked and smelled delicious.

Today I am making soup from a broth mix and lamb bone. Smells good. Fahed has already said he is just having bread and houmous for his main meal today, along with some salad. So healthy but fairly economical.

Dusted off the breadmaker and am attempting a loaf. There must be a good reason why the breadmaker was relegated to back of the cupboard at the top, so not expecting much success.

Will also dig out slow cooker as it is that time of year.

Found some tiles suitable for the kitchen refit on ebay. Total cost including delivery £89. Plus they are very cute.

Am re-writing my long term in discussion with Fahed ( who is still ill and therefore grumpy.)

4 comments:

  1. hmm. after the general birthday extravaganza this reminds me that we need to get in line a bit better with our mortgage payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, sorry, didnt mean to make you feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE ARE ALSO ON A MISSION TO BE MORTGAGE FREE!-HENCE MY BLOG AND FINANCES UPDATES

    LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR PLANS.

    GOOD LUCK LIZZIE AND FAMILY.

    Sft s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ahead until I buy a house and get a new mortgage. Then I will start my count down over again.

    The descriptions of your meals make me want to cook. I have a breadmaker somewhere around here, and a crock pot. Too bad I don't have a normal sized kitchen yet.

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...