Friday 13 January 2012

On the up?

First time since 2008, I am having a pay rise. 2.75%. I wasn't expecting anything since last year & the year before my take home pay actually went down. Costs for pension and NI went up and income didn't. This year I have heard nothing awful and this piece of actual good news so maybe things are improving? Maybe?

I also read two articles yesterday that energy prices were decreasing. I wont move to a new supplier yet. Nice to know it is not always, up, up, up.

We are celebrating Friday night tonight by cooking a curry which is just know as that lush curry. Its a recipe that I got from an army catering demonstration when I was about 15. Lean chicken massaged with a curry paste. Stir fry in a little butter. Add plenty off chopped onion, green pepper and celery. Stir fried some more and finish off with a carton of double cream. Cook a little longer over a low heat to thicken it up. Serve with rice. Yuuuuuuum.


Ahdel is now making us a pudding (late night pudding apparently) of bannoffee pie. Its worth waiting for though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...