Saturday 7 January 2012

Soooo, lets talk about fat!





Last year I did a lot of work on understanding how my body works. I can cope with all sorts but apparently not carbohydrate. At least I can handle a little carbohydrate but not much. It gives me headaches and an endless desire to much, munch, munch.

From January 1st I have made more effort to get back to the eating program which I sorted out for myself last year. Basically unlimited vegetables, a little fruit, some lean meat, plenty of fish, pulses, Greek yogurt, cheese.

All went well for a few months. I lost 13 kilo & felt quite well. Somehow I started introducing bits and bobs into the eating program and in the run up to Christmas I pretty well abandoned my own rules. I did eat some bread but not like the good old days of toast, sandwiches and pizza. Yum. So I avoided the headaches and also the worse of the associated weight gain despite 6 months of eat anything which doesn't move!

So I finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself. It was bad but not as bad as it could have been. I gained back 3kg. So back on track now. A low carb WiiFit life.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! Hub is gearing up to get back on the low carb wagon too. and me, am at the end of the Christmas goodies, so I guess by default will be following suit.

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...