Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 2 -#FQStoptober



Not too bad. Shopping done at Lidl as they only thing left to eat in the house was the pets (and there is not much meat on a cockatiel and a Bourkes Parakeet) Shopping was £36 but there is enough food for ten days.

I then came home to find that Fahed had cooked eggy spuds for dinner, tastes so much nicer than it sounds like it does. I also bought supernoodles (the Lidl version - 18p)and savoury rice for daytime meals for the men.

This evening I am packing up some boots which I have sold on ebay. I have three more items finishing this week. And I am knitting my fingerless gloves (slowly)which isnt actually saving any money but feeling very virtuous nonetheless.

And, just remembered, I haven;t yet chosen my gift from Fahed's poker winnings. I feel very rich today!!

5 comments:

  1. Please post the recipe for eggy spuds? I'm always on the lookout for new frugal recipes to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. blimey lady. how the hell did you manage £36. I know am doing organic and all at the moment. but what the hell did you buy?
    what are you going to eat???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi FN - eggy spuds coming soon

    Hi Moyra we had a whole load of stuff in stock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are a couple of backyard chickens as trendy there as it is here? Sometimes I think I want chickens but then I remember how loud they were when I was a kid and I don't really want them. My parents eat eggs like crazy though. If I didn't live in the suburbs I would probably get some laying hens for the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking about having chickens is very popular but not so many actually have them. A couple of people in my office. I dont want the trauma of more animals. I can only cope if they promise to outlive me!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...