Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013

I love new beginnings. Any excuse or some change I suspect.

I sort of do resolutions but changing your lie is way more like steering the QE2 (or Titanic??) so its all really about little changes of direction, nudging things in the right direction. So a little more healthy, a little more active, a little more organised, a little more socially active.        

Towards being more healthy I have stocked up on good foods and good meal ideas. No processed junk (as always), veggie box on it way.

Towards more active, my youngest son and I are going or a little walk with my parents after their lunch. I hope we are making new habits here.

More organised, I have been working on this over the break. My larder has been all tidied and is beautiful, and I found my brewers yeast, so now I can make the Ginger Beer that I planned or Christmas. I have a huge bookshelf in the kitchen for all cookery and household books. I have re-built a lot of my financial records on paper after losing my hard drive. A ton of stuff gone of to the Salvation Army (less to organise). I am part way through some clothes sewing, mending and adapting. Just a major sort out of the study still to go. I started yesterday but there are a few more hours required at this task. Oh yes, and I worked out how to export & import my subscriptions from google reader, so that I am the same person in reader and blogger. I am also deleted everyone who doesn't blog any more (get me!). Next I am trying to get my blog list back onto my blog. Little things but nice to feel sorted.

A little more socially active. Do I get any points or the walk?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lizzie
    Thanks for the welcome home - Happy New Year to you and your family as well
    Sounds like you are ready to start the year in a good frame of mind - I'm sure it will all fall into place and seem like its always been that way. I really need to sort out some of my messy bits - in the home and outside ans on the computer as well. There seems to be a lot of bloggers who have 'retired' from public life - wonder why? Maybe Facebook is to blame.
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    Happy new year to you and yours. I hadn't noticed too many losses so we probably have a different blogroll. Facebook is okay but I like reading about everyone's goings on in more detail.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...