Sunday 20 October 2013

Next, please




Aged 51 this year and I managed to learn more this year than I have in many years.

Like how to make:

  • Soap
  • Mayonnaise
  • My grocery money stretch until it squeaks
  • Burgers that taste like Burger King burgers ( I know what you are thinking but they are good)
  • The best use of my freezer
  • How to feed the family with minimal waste
  • and decorate special cakes (don't look too closely and they are good)
I already knew a whole bunch of stuff, like how to:
  • Make the best beef stew ever
  • Be happy (that's a biggy, not everyone knows that one)
  • Go out with friends and have fun once in a while
  • Have ideas for every occasion
  • Make lovely cakes
  • Be a good mummy (my children said so - must be true)
Now I am contemplating what to learn next, such as, maybe, how to:
  • Make cheese
  • Overpay my mortgage in a scarily efficient fashion
  • Cut back on any more extraneous spending
  • Do a bit of saving
  • Ice Cupcakes (well)
  • Finish writing a book - I was a half manuscript on Rupert the little red laptop when his hard drive broke :(
  • Make wine that tastes good
  • Adapt to getting a new cat/s from the rescue centre

Anyone else have some vague plans that have waited long enough to come to fruition?




No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...