Monday 9 December 2013

Menu Planning December Week 2



I am joining the Organizing Junkie menu plan Monday to keep me on track!

'To improve the balance of meals I provide for my family I am going to make a menu plan each week from November 2013. I will ensure that there are plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, local produce and generally good stuff.  My plan will avoid bread, bulgar wheat and pasta for my husband (gluten intolerance), avoidance of any more than a small amount of carbs for me (affects my insulin levels and gives me a headache and a half), avoid cooked cheese for my lactose intolerant son. When my other son is home from University he loves his food but is happiest with the healthy stuff (thank goodness).. Ha ha, should be easy, I have started with a tick board in the kitchen where everyone can tick to say which days they are home for dinner. Then the planning begins!'

Moyra asked how I remember all the different problems. Its a bit basic but:
With bread Fahed will blow up (his tummy expands to pregnancy levels in minutes plus a whole load of other aches and pains.
With cheese Ahdel will throw up. Sorry, not nice, but its really not nice. His reaction to milk is eczema but with cooked cheese it is far more instant. I am making the yucky face as I type.
I can eat carbs if I dont mind the headache which means I normally have sandwich or toast if I have to take painkillers for something else.

Monday - Grilled chicken, tinned new potatoes, sweetcorn
Tuesday- Arabic sausages and salad (Sausages taste like rubber to me so I will have leftovers from Monday)
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Tinned soup and butter beans
Friday- Meal out for Christmas office event
Saturday- Fish, potatoes, vegetables
Sunday- Eat up any leftovers

Note:plenty of chance to eat up leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...