Tuesday 8 April 2014

I need a new butt (insert joke here).

My water butt collapsed into the garden, a mangled wreck about two years ago. I wasn't too worried as there was plenty going on in the garden and not much of it was plant related. The plants in the borders seem to live without watering, so I guess they have deep roots. When the pots are planted out though they are far more water and effort intensive.

So I am watching a couple of these guys on eBay.


I can catch the water form the house and shed  I am also thinking of setting up a little irrigation system for my pots. I don't desperately need it but it is practice for a more complex system I will need in Crete if I am to have any plants at all.

Apparently I can also run the Karcher from a butt, should I ever have the urge to clean my hard landscaping (might happen, but unlikely)

So all good in the garden :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had a picture because I have never heard of a water butt before and I was scared to google it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have googled innocent things before and had some nasty shocks so definitely see where you are coming form there

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...