Sunday 9 November 2014

Best Christmas present ever

Today Fahed is poorly. Swimming teachers pick up a lot of viruses from the kids and from being cold and wet a lot of the time. So I keep him warm, let him sleep a lot and occasionally fill him up with vegetable soup.

So today I have got a few things done, usual list to follow, including sorting out my mending pile. A have fixed a few things, binned a couple of items and left a tricky one for later ) new sleeves fitted under old sleeves on a Christmas posh frock). As I doing doing my mending i noticed that I had to take a new needle form the pack, and then noticed it is the same needle pack I had since my uncle gave me my sewing box when I was 12. He didnt just buy me the actual box but filled it up witha ll sorts of sewing bits and bobs. I played with it for days non stop and am still using most weeks, forty years later. Now that's what I call a gift. . Lots more cotton has arrived but a lot of the basics are still in use and still good. Now I think its time for the sewing box to have a bit of a refurb, as the original cover is splitting. The inside is as good as new. Good old uncle Gordon, he really knew what U was like.



  • Made a shepherds pie for dinner and for tomorrow - heavy on the lentils and grated carrot, not just the lamb.
  • Mending and sewing
  • All the laundry washed, almost dried and will be put away today.
  • Final stage of the great paperwork sort out as I file what is left.
  • Yet another box of goodies for the charity shop
  • I am hovering on the edge of making some jam this afternoon but we shall see.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome gift! Useful gifts are my favorite and gifts that are useful for 40 years are precious indeed.

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...