Saturday 15 August 2015

Food!

Well you can certainly tell that Jamal is away at the moment. There is still meat in the freezer from the June purchase. ON top of that I cut our budget from £400 a month, when there there were 4 adults of here to £250 a month. And on top of that I have spent anything like all of it.

This weeks main meal for three nights was beans. Someone gave us a mahousive bundle of runner beans. Fahed cookes them with tomatoes, olive oil and onions. Not too much olive oil, just to keep me happy (quiet). It sounds so meh! but tastes so amazing. The whole being far greater than the sum of the parts. I had it for lunch a couple of other days as well. There was a chickpea and spinach curry day. (approx total cost £1). Fahed made himself lamb pittas one night and had leftovers the following night. I topped everything yesterday including buying 2 x steaks (treat for being good) and decaff coffee. Total price £18.

Diesel is now down to £1.09 a litre locally. Cheapest I can remember it in years. So £80 can now last me a month, even with trips to the other offices each week.

Today I ironed my patchwork quilt and it looks lovely. I need to bind the edges, so its a shame i cant remember what i did with a lovely but too small purple sheet which I had earlier in the week. No doubt it will come back once I stop looking. I also ironed a lovely sari which I once bought at work for a fiver. Its now my landing curtain.

Fancy expensive magnetic cat flap has been retuned to the lovely folk at Amazon. Our flap space is in the wall not a door and this wasn't deep enough for it to work. And if I am honest the other one works fine apart from strange cats coming in. I suspect a evening of sitting in the conservatory with a water pistol would help the visiting cat problem.

2 x fur fabric blankets have arrived to make sofa covers. It looks better than it sounds, honest. However I cant progress as my lovely but poorly husband is sound asleep on top.

Today on facebook there was a photo of tripe being shared around the place, with everyone commenting about food from the olden days etc. One lady commented that she couldn't eat it as she was allergic to anything which came from the sea. There are time when fb can actually make you cry with laughing.


2 comments:

  1. I want to see what fur fabric looks like. Is it like cat fur? I have never had tripe and certainly not any tripe fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is shortish fur and looks a little bit like a really clean zebra came into the room :0
    I never fancied tripe and then I saw that they have to treat it with bleach before you can eat it, now I know for sure it doesnt make my top ten foods!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...