Thursday 6 August 2015

I have been crafty

Well crafting. I mentioned finding an aging half made patchwork quilt. After two solid evenings of sewing, the machine kind, I have pretty much finished the patchwork bit. Tomorrow I am  planning to back it, which i think might be called batting it? , with a double sheet and some ikea fleeces. I will do some measuring tomorrow and see what works.

My youngest son is almost in Mobile, Alabama. Such a long way from Allbrook. I have been reading up and it looks like a nice place. The food looks just his kind of thing, the sort of thing which kills you but makes you happy first! Luckily he will only be there for a few weeks so his arteries should not fur up too much. I am seriously jealous, as usual. He thoroughly enjoyed Rio de Janeiro too. Sigh! Being envious of ones children is so not cool!

I am moving my office.study/craftroom from a bedroom to a part of the downstairs and its prompting me to sort out all my old crafting junk too. Its good for the soul I am sure but I cant believe how much goes and I miss nothing. Its so delightful.

This is a small close up of my patchwork



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay to contact your through your email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Cailyn
    cailynxxx gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...